An Award-Winning Nursing Home Always Committed to Excellence
Effingham Health System’s 105-bed Skilled Nursing Center is a recipient of the prestigious Silver Achievement in Quality Award and the Excellence in Action Award presented by the American Healthcare Association and the National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL).
Our commitment is to always provide excellence in patient and resident care –a promise we live up to each and every day. When a family member is in need of long-term or specialized care, consider all that.
Effingham Health System offers:
- On-site, life-saving emergency medicine;
- Convenient access to a variety of outpatient services, including rehabilitative therapies, laboratory and diagnostic imaging;
- Advanced and more complex surgeries performed closer to home;
- A dedicated Special Care Unit for those living with Alzheimer’s and other diseases that require 24-hour skilled and compassionate care;
- Supervised activities, social gathering opportunities and personal care services; and,
- Delicious and nutritious meals made to please all tastes.
No matter their age, stage in life or state of health, we believe that your loved ones deserve to feel respected, valued and celebrated. At Effingham, we bring that intangible but vital human dimension to every task. Whether it’s accompanying them to a physician visit on our campus, assisting them with their meals, taking them on a stroll in the resident garden for exercise and fresh air, playing a friendly game of cards or even spending a morning in the beauty shop, we treat our residents as though they are family, because to us, they are.
Our dedicated special care unit
Effingham Skilled Nursing Center has expanded its range of services to meet the very special needs of those who are living with Alzheimer’s disease and other health conditions that require 24-hour skilled and compassionate care. The unit includes 26 resident suites; both private and semi-private options are available. The rooms are spacious and large enough to accommodate visits from family and friends. Our compassionate and experienced staff understands how difficult it can be to care for a loved one living with special needs. Our goal is to exceed your expectations.
We invite you to call us to learn more about our commitment to quality and the special services we provide to those in need of long-term, skilled care. Call Christine Hendrix at (912) 754-0302.
To download a residency application, click here.